Meet the monster
The male shifted a little when she stroked his cheek but he was coming out of the trance like state. Good. Shadow pulled him up and took him in an embrace, coaxing him out the rest of the way. Suddenly, He pushed away from Shadow, which brought a smirk to Thana’s face. His words made her stop and stare. ”I would never dream of hurting Isa. She’s my sister.” As if to prove their relation, Thana held up the white crescent moon that hung around her neck. ”Surely you have seen the black one she wears.”

She thought for a moment, wondering what triggered the retreat in him. She looked him over, seeing the scars, and remembered Shadow saying he was no one’s property. Quickly putting things together, she decided to help her sister’s friend. ”I’m assuming you were a slave before. Perhaps not too long ago. It seems you are actually a lot like Isa and myself, retreating within yourself. It’s usually triggered by something in your past. I think it’s safe to assume you know what Isa’s is.” She paused for a moment before continuing. ”It can be controlled. I helped Isa get hers under control and she helped me with mine. Clearly something happened though that triggered a major retreat in her, I’m not sure what though. The only time it had ever been that bad was when our father was present. Anyways, it seems yours is either triggered when you are in immediate danger and think you will be killed, or someone does something to you that your old master did. Again, I am only assuming. But if you wish, I will gladly help you overcome it.”

Messages In This Thread