Unwanted, unneeded
[html]
would you like to wrap this up soon? c:

Isabella listened in silence, her counsel not needed for this situation. It was cut and dry. Regardless, it was a terribly fascinating thing. Tlantli's family situation was definitely not one she had ever heard of before, but she was not a part of a typical family unit after her father's death. But she was one to know the wiles of a man who thought he knew better than all. Yet, despite Solitaire's legacy, she had learned to defend herself and learned to arm herself against such men. Perhaps Tlantli had learned to protect herself and her beliefs against a man who's values would end her life. Certainly seemed that way as Tlantli was alive.

However, at her question, Isabella only smiled back and shook her head lightly. "I do not think I do. My home was not one of priests. Believers, yes, but not as you say. We prayed in our way, lit candles to the Mother, and that was that. We could believe what we wanted of it. My brother's view of the Mother was different than mine. They saw her as the raw fury of nature. But they were warriors, that's what they did," she said absently, wondering if her siblings still lived, even her half-siblings. But they, those half-blooded ones, probably were corrupted by that man. Mother had shown her weakness, and that was why Isabella had the family Tarot deck and not her. "My mother's second mate did not believe, and I'm sure he is corrupting my half-siblings with his ignorance and manipulating my mother's naivety."

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread