[j] welcome to the planet
[html]

The young woman was nervous and shy after her call, a rare state for the normally outgoing two-year-old. She would have been more comfortable greeting an old curmudgeon on neutral ground, but now she was all too aware that she’d never really interacted with a pack wolf so near their territory before. Despite her optimism toward the world, she was well aware that not all wolves were friendly. She believed all wolves could turn friendly, but that didn’t mean she would waltz up to the borders brazenly and expect that they wouldn’t reprimand her somehow.

All she could do was wait, toying with her braid.

A wolfish call, carrying the power of the ancestors and of an alpha, reached her ears after a little while. She swallowed and exchanged a glance with the filly, which was antsy for other reasons. The young mare’s happy energy made her smile at last as she turned back toward the smooth stones marked with spring’s first flowers. A golden form was loping toward them, and while its head was inclined in greeting, there was no mistaking the dominance of it.

Pia quickly tucked her ears and tail, demonstrating submission as she was used to doing anyway. It was always easier to approach someone modestly, even if you were pouncing on them in play; she didn’t want to step on any toes ever. Restless fingers relinquished the plaited end of her hair, and she tossed it back over her shoulder as she stepped a little bit closer.

The russet-maned she-wolf introduced herself as X’yrin, High Shepard of Ichika no Ho-en, and asked for her name in turn.

“Pia,” the mottled girl chirped out; her voice was naturally soft, but it was full of life. Her posture mimicked these qualities, submissive and humble but bursting at the seams with energy. “Pia Hayes.”

She smiled suddenly, her brown eyes darting from the lovely trinkets tangled in the woman’s hair to the beauty of the land around them. This was perfect, this had to be a sign of some sort. She didn’t even know if she believed in signs, but this would be one if they were true. Smothering an exclamation of mirth, she grabbed her tail to keep it from sweeping boisterously behind her and dipped her head a little lower than before.

“I looked for my father, and he’s somewhere else, but I didn’t wanna travel no more without a place. A place to be, I mean, I mean a pack. And I saw how pretty all the stones are and the flowers, and I know this is it. Well, it’s silly, but I just know this place is good.”

Her speech was clumsy as always, a squeak here and there betraying her excitement, but the woman was not sheepish about it in the least, not even acknowledging it. She only smiled and folded her pale hands neatly before her, finishing softly.

“Can I ask you about Ichika, X’yrin?” Pia wondered, speaking the woman’s name as if they’d known each other for ages. “Just so I know, you know? If this could be my family until I find Father, even after I find Father.”

She's different than I initially thought but I'm already in love! Big Grin

<style type="text/css">
.knwtree b {font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; color:#983317; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #fff;}
.knwtree .ooc { text-align:left; padding:5px 10px 0px;}
.knwtree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px 0px 45px;}
.knwtree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d8c7aa; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xnRQb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #291603; padding:360px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#291603; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread