Bright Joy
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

The incessant cries of the newborns had obviously terrified Dalgina. She sat frozen while they searched for warmth, her panicked expression revealed her lack of confidence and inexperience. Dalgina was only a puppy herself, so it was an expected response. Amber eyes sought the guidance and direction of her older companion and Kaira was more than happy to give it. Her puppies were healthy and strong, the high pitched wails were only a token of their strength. Once the black dog-hybrid was reassured, Dalgina was able to relax and laid down next to the young boy. Dalgina was gentle and slow with the tiny male, and it reassured the worried mother that all would be fine.

Soon, the entire family was enjoying a hearty meal. The older wolves dug into the rabbit, it's warm meat provided Kiara with the necessary nutrition to produce milk for her puppies. Her son had been returned and he too began to suckle, all the while fighting with his eldest sister for the same spot. Kiara rolled her eyes as she picked gently separated the two puppies. The white mother was about to return to her snack when Dalgina asked about the puppies names. Kiara had refused to name them on the first day because of a long standing tradition in her birth pack. A large number of puppies died during their first few weeks of life, so most did not receive names until they were at least a month old. Kiara had decided to honor the ancient tradition by waiting at least a week. "They are too young for names. In another few days they will go through the naming ceremony. I know its not what most in Ichika do, but it was a tradition in my birth pack."

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 45px; margin:0px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.ikuseiara .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread