you've lost nothing but your self-conceit
[html]
whee of course not <33

The voice of his friend drew him out of his sulkiness, and Skoll grinned, big and excited, as he caught sight of Terra. As if they hadn’t seen each other for months, he leaped up and attempted to pin her in a bear hug. He was aware of his growing height and was quite smug about it, but he could hide his cocky little smile by burying his face against her head in a friendly nuzzle.

“Hi, Terra,” the golden boy said after the fact, backing away with his tail wagging behind him. He pushed his thick mane out of his face and nodded proudly, looking at the snoozing sabino. “That’s Hwin! She’s mine!” It was amazing that he owned something more than a few books now; he owned his very own horse. He was just that much closer to adulthood. “I got ’er from Cercatori,” he explained happily. “She was a present.” He still couldn’t quite fathom why he’d been picked for the gift, but he wasn’t complaining.

His huge smile faded into a gentler one as he looked at her leg and the new scars crossing her lithe body. “How ya doin’?” he questioned. He’d not hung out with her a lot since the cougar had attacked her, but he’d heard all about it. It looked like she hadn’t been as lucky as usual.

<style type="text/css">
.skskl b {font-weight:bold; color:#702b19; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em ##33200F; }
.skskl p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skskl {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#905c2c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HS0ne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cba060; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread