you've lost nothing but your self-conceit
[html]
Bwaha. Okay! I figured he'd only know the basics anyway (that it was a cougar, I guess). Also, Skoll is a dork. Big Grin

Even though the boy was well aware of his size in that he was bigger than a lot of other wolves (besides his male relatives), Skoll wasn’t so aware of how his size affected others. He interpreted the coywolf’s clinging as happiness to see him, and completely missed her quick correction of balance. He couldn’t even really imagine Terra being too hurt to do anything; she had spirit and energy to match his, and was always getting into and out of trouble quick as a flash. He knew she’d gotten hurt for once in her life, but he didn’t stop to think how the bad leg injury might impede the trickster.

The hybrid’s emerald eyes flicked over the bay mare, and Skoll puffed his snowy chest out proudly. His pride faltered when she complimented him on representing the Court so well, and he fumbled aloud, “You r-really think so? I mean, I didn’t do nothin’ but mess around.” He knew that he’d been on his very best behavior, though! Perhaps that’d made the difference and made the child stand out enough to get one of the communal horses.

“Oh,” he mumbled at her answer. “Well, maybe we can go travel together someday soon?” There were many lands he wanted to explore, for while he did go out farther than usual, he wasn’t sure if he should go very far north yet. He was cocky, but that didn’t mean he knew his strengths ended somewhere. “I guess the pack lands get boring after a while,” he added. His shifting had given him a fresh perspective on the wilderness and the city, opening new opportunities, but Terra’d been in the Court for almost half a year now.

<style type="text/css">
.skskl b {font-weight:bold; color:#702b19; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em ##33200F; }
.skskl p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skskl {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#905c2c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HS0ne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cba060; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread