my voice upraised to wild swept chords
[html]

Ditzy wolf!

The male wolf’s posture became more assertive as she leaped toward him, and she swiftly brought her head down lower, smiling sheepishly. She knew that some wolves tolerated advances like hers less than others, but at least he hadn’t outright attacked her—not that she thought he would, or she wouldn’t have bothered him. Tail still trembling between her legs, she listened eagerly to his explanation. Her expression grew almost serious as she nodded, filtering the names away.

“I’m Pia,” the mottled girl chirped, and she shuffled away from the border a few steps. He seemed to be uncomfortable, but he’d figure her out eventually—and from there develop an opinion as to whether she was simply sunny or annoying. It was generally split half-and-half.

“I’m sorry,” she added, her apology swift and barely there as she explained herself to him. “I knew there was a pack, but I don’t know nothing about it, and I wanted to smell some and find out.” She looked along the invisible border. “I’m new—to the whole land, I mean; I come over from that way.” She pointed toward the isthmus with her nose and smiled sheepishly again.

<style type="text/css">
.piahedge b {font-weight:bold; color:#8d8e00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.piahedge t {font-style:italic; color:#8d8e00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.piahedge .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.piahedge p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.piahedge p:first-line {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:0px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.piahedge {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#454600; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CVeQC.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:1px 0px 370px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9ba183; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:30px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread