All the Time in the World
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: :c Depressed X'y...

Shame kept her crown deathly still as he affirmed what she had told him, inquiring if he had understood correctly. Those were the circumstances as they had been, and now she had lost that last connection she had had with Nayru… and again felt that widening chasm in her chest for the loss of a pup. What would Saluce say if he found out? Why was he not here to help her find the boy…?

Her muzzle shook frightfully within the gentle grasp and like a helpless pup, she leaned into his touch sapping what strength she could gather to calm her troubled state. “If I had paid more attention to the child,” she contested with trembling vocals, “we would be playing through the flowers chasing the small insects he likes… rather than fending off the fangs of an ill mannered beast…” Carefully, her sullen gaze lifted to meet the cold blue of her companion. “…or bring harm upon you, my friend.” Fondly, she placed a paw upon his cradling arm and forced what life she could muster into a soft smile.

“In truth, this was not how I hoped to see you again. I had always envisioned it would be in the midst of a hunt, or upon the borders of Ichika… following your way toward home.” And if it hadn’t been said to be upon her maw at all, the smile vanished and the compounding weight a failure fell upon her shoulders, lowering both paw and head under its pressure. “But I have learned time and again that what I see within my mind’s eye does not come to existence because I wish it to. If this were the case, there would be a child beside me and the friends that I have made would still be near. I can fault none for this disappointment but myself.”

309 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread