[M] [AW] I never thought I'd be in bloom...
[html]

OOC: Finally had muse to reply. xD WC: 500+

Ciara was attentive to what she could visibly tell the mood of her mate was, and she felt instant relief when a smile crossed his muzzle and he seemed to relax as she was. She moved to brush her fur in against his then, pushing her nose to his scruff for a moment before dipping up to lick at his muzzle gently. Under the moonlight, and with the ocean spanning out before them, the silence didn’t seem quite so bad. The golden female felt her own muscles relenting and a general peace fill her as she put a little of her weight on Augustus, a smile etching across her own muzzle.

Her eyes had been peeking at the glittering ocean through the soft whiteness of his fur, and she’d been distracted by the sight when suddenly his tongue laved over her shoulder in a delayed return of her affection. A sort of pleasure separate from her heat soared within her at that simple show of love, and a happy whine left her as she returned a few gentle caresses of her tongue to his throat. Ciara was perfectly content to sit there and curl into him, but soon she felt her mate nudging her, and lifted her earthen hues to lock with his fiery ones. Her head cocked to the side, ears perking as she assumed he was about to say something.

His question threw her off-guard. It both warmed and worried her that he wanted to know why she chose him. His modesty was cute in a way, the fact that he seemed he wasn’t good enough for her, or that he had been an unlikely choice. She took a moment to scan his face, scars and all, before locking her eyes to his again. “I chose you because I’ve been drawn to you from the moment I came here,” she began softly, her voice holding all the tenderness she felt for him. “You’re different from all the other males, serious and stoic, but mysterious. I know there are parts of you that you’re hiding, and I just have this need to know every part of you.” Her eyes dropped then, and she blushed a little beneath her fur – she’d meant both emotionally and physically, but didn’t know if he’d pick up on that. “I just feel like I’m supposed to be your mate, and besides that, I just want to be.”

She scowled then; feeling like her words didn’t make sense. Love confused her still. She wasn’t sure what one was supposed to say to their mate, or how they were supposed to justify their love. What if her words made him change his mind about having her for a mate? Come to think of it, why had he even accepted her love? She had been so sure that he would turn her away, that when he returned the words she had nearly fallen over in shock. As the seconds passed, she found herself needing to know more and more. Her eyes locked on his again, eyebrows creasing quizzically.

“Why did you choose me?”

<style type="text/css">
.eciara b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f5253; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #909097;}
.eciara .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.eciara p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.eciara {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#d2d2dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fqYoC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #909097; padding:405px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#909097; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread