Don't be a Chicken
[html]

yaaaay! hadley <3

Word Count → +3

The soft sound of approaching feet caught the girl’s attention as she was nearing the doors to the fort, ready to get out from the confines of the walls. Turning slightly, she saw Hadley walking a little closer, taking in the horse and wagon. Dixie smiled and waved at him in a friendly manner. The male was sweet and so fearful sometimes that she felt a need to be extra nice to him. The poor thing had been hurt so many times, from what she’d heard…he just needed friends and people to love him without trying to make him being anything that he wasn’t.

Pulling Fern to a stop, she turned and leaned over the side of the wagon, grinning at the multi colored man. Hey there, Hadley…how are you today? Her voice was soft and gentle, not wanting to frighten him or think that she was upset about anything. It was clear that he was pretty observant, taking in the fact that she was obviously going to work on something, and then adding up the chickens into the equation. Nodding her head slowly, she jerked her thumb back towards the barn. Yeah, they don’t got a place to live…so I thought I’d get on out to find some supplies, maybe build a little chicken coop beside the barn…

Another smile was tossed out towards the male and she got back into place on the bench seat, palming the reins. You wanna come with me? I was thinkin’ to go out to the docks. A lot of the structures are fallin’ down, and they got real good nails even though the wood isn’t so hot or stable. Could use some help… Her head dropped a little, embarrassed to be asking for help from someone that she didn’t really know so well.

Image courtesy of PNNL@Flickr; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.dixiemayiku .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding-bottom: 5px;}
.dixiemayiku p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dixiemayiku b {color:#583123; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.dixiemayiku {background-color:#8d8a72; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/m8kal5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.dixiemayiku .inner {margin:0px 5px 195px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.dixiemayiku p.wordcount {color:#583123; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:5px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.dixiemayiku-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread