the fire within the stone
[html]

you’ll find me climbing back to heaven

Word Count → xxx :: C:

There was something terribly off about Zalen, something that spoke of danger for the ones the Alpha cared deeply about. Shandom knew his feelings, how he must feel so torn apart if any packmember were injured, and the Gamma suppressed a quietly knowing sigh as he looked at the shadowy male. His spirituality told him that ghosts only appeared in times of great need and to those they cared deeply for - Shandom was overwhelmingly curious as to this ethereal female's identity, but he knew better than to speak before the apparitions of the higher world. Instead, the large white male dipped his head in deference to the fiery woman, a small smile curling across his dark lips. "I do not fear her," he murmured softly, voice barely intelligible. "She is with you - I can only assume that means she does not mean me harm."

The Gamma's words were cut off rapidly, though, by Zalen's quick movement towards him and sudden show of weary submission. Shandom was taken aback for a moment before he gently licked the top of the Alpha's black skull, acknowledging how distraught his leader must be for him to behave in such an uncharacteristic manner. The white male bestowed a gentle nuzzle to the shorter leader, pressing his cool, dark nose to Zalen's cheek and murring softly to convey whatever comfort he could. Words were not adequate here - in this New Dawn, such emotional distress needed to be addressed in the ways their instincts told them. Shandom was suddenly self conscious of his two legged form and wished to be upon four, but it would take too long, and this matter was far too pressing. Dark eyes shifted briefly to the crimson woman - her discomfort and worry for her charge was palpable in the spring air.

"Let me help you," Shandom eventually said, his deep voice quiet as he stepped slightly back from the ebony male. His scarred face was etched with worry for the leader he cared so deeply for, and he could not fathom what must have transpired to reduce the proud man to such a state. But if there was any wolf who could help, the Gamma supposed, it was he - Shandom had not been given his rank for mere show. No, the native Etient was experienced and wise, and had led for a long time in his youth.

Shandom image by James; table code from the mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.shandomjames-box {float:right;}
.shandomjames {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shandomjames .words {font-size:35px; font-family: 'Bilbo'; line-height:20px; padding:15px;}
.shandomjames p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.shandomjames p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shandomjames .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shandomjames p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.shandomjames b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread