Don't be a Chicken
[html]

dixie is a derp face

Word Count → +3

Once Hadley had crawled up into the bed of the wagon, Dixie made a small smooching sound and flicked the reins. Fern tossed her head and began trotting slowly, giving them a decent pace. The docks were only a few miles away from the fort, and if they were able to get there quickly enough, supplies could be collected and brought back within a few hours. They might even have some daylight left once back at the fort to get working on building the chicken coop! Dixie just loved having the horses around; they made everything so much easier and more efficient.

Smiling a bit, she shrugged her slim shoulders and peeked back at the male. I’m doin’ alright…better now that I got me some company. Tilting her head back, the woman took a deep breath and sighed. The sharp scent of salt blew on the breeze, indicating that the tide was out at the moment. Wiggling with excitement, she popped the reins again and got Fern to move a little bit faster, wanting to be out there already. Whenever Dixie got it in her mind to get something done, she was a little workhorse and wanted to get it, whatever it was, done as fast and good as possible.

There’s some jerky in the basket, in case you are or get hungry…suspect we’ll have ta catch some fish or somethin’ later on when our tummies start rumblin’. She didn’t bother to look back this time, instead keeping her eyes forward to watch for any obstructions that would get in the way of her horse and the wagon. If Hadley wanted to eat, she didn’t want to scare him by staring at him. Knowing that he was so skittish, the young woman decided that it would be better to just put her trust in him, calm herself down, and let him move at his own pace.

Image courtesy of PNNL@Flickr; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.dixiemayiku .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding-bottom: 5px;}
.dixiemayiku p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dixiemayiku b {color:#583123; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.dixiemayiku {background-color:#8d8a72; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/m8kal5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.dixiemayiku .inner {margin:0px 5px 195px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.dixiemayiku p.wordcount {color:#583123; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:5px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.dixiemayiku-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread