A whole new world
[html]

[Image: header.jpg]

Hel shivered. Although the gesture in itself had been cheeky and silly, it still made her knees buckle slightly. She smiled at him, her grin toothy but honest and nibbled on the side of his ear a little. Parents. She and Styx. She, black and tough, he, wiry and grey. And they would be able to have pups together, beautiful little puppies. She thought about his question. In truth, she could only guess how far along she was, because it seemed like little was visible. It may have been that she simply would show her pregnancy closer to the birth. I think about 4 or 5 weeks. I think that's about right. It may have been I got pregnant that day we set out, remember? In Halifax? She remembered. It had been the time she'd confessed her sexual adventures with a sailor. And he'd still taken her in his arms and made her forget that part.

For a moment, she slipped into a daydream, imagining the pups running around them, Styx teaching them how to pierce and tattoo, Hel choosing the fittest to follow in her paw prints. There might be three, or four, that seemed about right in the family. She wondered if they would be sons or daughters or both. If they'd take after him or her. If they'd be independent at a young age or if she'd have to gradually let them go. She wondered about a lot of things and realised that what mattered the most was that it was Styx she was having them with.

Hel had not thought this through completely. She hadn't found Connor yet and as her pregnancy advanced, the chances of her going after him diminished by the day. She would have to wait here, to give birth and raise them a while, enough for her to go two days at a time without the pups suffering. Here, it came to a choice. Her family and her trade. She could not stop being what she was. Neither could she simply destroy her family. I haven't found him, no. And in a couple of weeks I'll stop looking. I can't jeopardize these pups, our children, for the sake of scum like him. I just don't want to lose his trail again. He's here, I just need to find him. Her knuckles clenched and she growled low in the back of her throat. He needs to pay for what he did, Styx.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread