Mayday
[html]

WC: 785

Earthen eyes had widened when the ebony Alpha had puffed out his chest and made himself appear larger. She was absolutely torn and confused. First and foremost, Zalen was not her mate and even though the hormones were surging she knew it wasn’t him she wanted. He seemed to be urging her to be the seductress of her first heat, the sultry rubbing and tail flicking she’d given to Augustus. But he was not Augustus. Secondly, this was the Alpha. If he commanded something of her, even this, what was she to do? To refuse him would be to challenge him. That thought caused anxiety to fill her and she glanced around for Augustus and Titania as well. Her furtive scanning, however, was not to see if anyone would stop them, it was hoping someone would. She didn’t want to betray Augustus, but didn’t want to insult Zalen. The only thing that could save her would be a distraction.

She whimpered in response to the male’s thick growl and was just lowering herself to the ground when suddenly the ivory and crimson form of the Alphess came into view. At once, relief and dread swept through her. She knew exactly what the scene would look like. It looked exactly like what her hormones were urging her to do – as if she were trying to seduce the Alpha into taking her, into betraying his own mate. Her venture towards the ground sped up until she had flattened herself, yelping when Titania’s fangs made contact with her paws. Quickly, her ears flattened against her head and her tail tucked between her legs. Even as Titania pressed her closer and closer to the edge of the brook she kept going backwards until one paw slipped into the water, jarring her. The Epsilon knew she must look weak, scrambling back from the attack of the Alphess, but it was her duty to honor and obey the other female, and she put that before her dignity.

No, Alphess! she cried at the accusation. I would never challenge your rank, nor take your mate. She knew that the scene made a perfect contrast to her words. I was just sitting in the brook when Zalen came, we…we were just talking I swear. I left the den as soon as I realized my cycle was upo— Her words were cut off by another enraged, incredulous voice and once more dread filled her. Her head snapped to watch as her mate came on the scene, all aggression and outrage. A whimper rose in her throat then and she looked to him desperately. If only their minds could share a telepathic link she’d assure him right there that nothing had happened. She wouldn’t have allowed it to! Even with her instincts screaming at her to give herself to the Alpha, even with Zalen’s emerald gaze burning through her, she would have run before betraying him.

She wanted desperately to go to her mate, but she knew any sudden movements would earn her a punishment from the Alphess. She would have to go through Titania to get to Augustus, and that could be seen as a challenge as well. Alphess, I apologize for what this must look like. I swear on pain of death that I would never attempt to take your position. I did not mean to threaten you, she vowed, glancing up to focus her gaze on Titania’s snout. She would not look the Alphess in the eye out of respect, but she hoped that Titania would see the truth in those earthen pools. I belong to Augustus, she said, voice unwavering. He is my mate and the only wolf I want. She glanced to Zalen then, pleading with him not to be offended. He was the only one not angry with her. Even Augustus was furious with her, and she winced and whimpered beneath the glare he shot at her. Her slender form became even more submissive then, subtly so, but it was in response to her mate.

She had given herself to him, and though it was proper to show respect to the Alphas, there was no greater or deeper submission that the kind one gives to one’s mate. Her eyes dropped from his orange gaze and she studied her paws, her stomach sick with worry. Whatever wrath Titania would give her would pale in comparison to that of Augustus. He had the power to hurt her in ways the Alphess never could. He could leave her, or worse, he might never trust her. She shook as she waited for the reaction of all those around her, miserably hunched on the ground, her one paw still hanging in the water.

<style type="text/css">
.cia1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#a3c9b5; text-shadow:#0f2825 1px 1px 2px;}
.cia1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.cia1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BltD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.cia1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.cia1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.cia1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread