Don't be a Chicken
[html]

weee!

Word Count → +

Dixie smiled broadly when Hadley didn’t even tense up from her grabbing his hand. Her spirits lifted even more when the male followed her up to sit at the front of the wagon. It seemed as if he was feeling a bit more comfortable with the little woman after their time spent together working…hopefully he’d feel even better after more time. Her small frame curled up on the bench seat, overshadowed by his hulking body, and she reached for the reins to get them moving.

Fern woke up from her nap with a snort and stomped around for a few moments, getting used to the annoying weight that had been added to the light wagon. After a few steps, she got into a rhythm and began to trot quickly, her large body straining a little bit as she moved. Thankfully the path was smooth with no major obstacles, so they had an easy enough time getting back to the Fort. Once they passed through the front gates, Dixie let out a soft barking howl to let everyone know that they were home.

Fern was directed to go over near the barn, and then pulled to a slow stop. The white woman hopped down and unhitched the mare from the wagon and patted her on the side as she took off running to find her colt and companions. You hungry, Hadley? I sure as hell am…think I’ll go get us some more food and a bit of water, if you’ll start unloading? It’ll just take me a minute, I promise… Her smile was flashed and then she darted off towards the court house to find some dried meat and a canteen for the water.

Image courtesy of PNNL@Flickr; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.dixiemayiku .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding-bottom: 5px;}
.dixiemayiku p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dixiemayiku b {color:#583123; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.dixiemayiku {background-color:#8d8a72; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/m8kal5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.dixiemayiku .inner {margin:0px 5px 195px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.dixiemayiku p.wordcount {color:#583123; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:5px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.dixiemayiku-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread