A Day in the Life of Simplicity
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

It was unlike her to fear the worst when there were better feelings to revel in. As often as they talked of bringing this family to another home and instigated the plans to be set in motion, she should have thought better than of him leaving without a word… abandoning her as her mate had. He said he would stay with her and show her the beauty that this land had to offer again. She trusted in him to help her see this through. But still… she could not shake the distressing feeling that those promises were all for naught. Perhaps she shouldn’t have left…

Sighing softly, she shrugged the hide from her shoulders and set it beside the meat. A hand came to touch her newly grazed shoulder in an absent thought, testing the tenderness of the wound but found it disturbingly numb. Her fault for applying to much weight to it without letting her wound rest. No doubt there was cleaning to be done to it. Though troubled, she managed to garner back a bit of optimism as to the reason of her absent family. Perhaps Jaden was busy… and the pups with him. No doubt Chara was tending to her sister insuring her happiness until they were all called together again to feast. Yes… this was better to ponder on rather than the dark thoughts that her negligence had again left her alone. Yes, a small smile curled the corner of her maw. This was more pleasant to think about.

Finally allowing herself to stretch, she pulled her arms above her head to coaxed her shoulder into feeling something. An itch, a prick as the muscles were pulled, something to wake the dormant wound to the pain it was supposed to feel. But when her meager stretch brought little to no result, something more drastic did.

She should have known better than to let her guard down, but what reason was there to make herself alert when coming to her own home? The attack was swift, not accompanied by tooth or claw but a whole form crashing into hers. She yelped indignantly as she was taken clear off her feet and onto the ground in a tangled mess of rolling limbs. What registered was first the pain as her shoulder connected the ground, then of the familiar scent the graced her nose and caused her heart to quicken its pace. Had her tail not been crushed beneath her it would have wagged excitedly at this comical but none the less desired greeting.

“That wasn’t fair!” she growled but with a smile playing on her weathered lips. All accumulated fears she had had disappeared the instant she was able to see him clearly. She combed the wild strands of red from her eyes as she pushed herself off the ground to stand covered in the debris of crushed grasses and twigs from their roll. “I had only just returned… and at least my hunt was successful.” Proudly, she motioned to the skinned carcass and its hide, wincing slightly as her wounded arm began to ‘feel’ again. “You must have missed me if you would greet me like this…as I recall, it was I take surprised you at one point,” the corner of her maw curled in a knowing smile. “But you reacted rather violently. Does nostalgia urge you to have a repeat performance?”

565 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread