Non, je ne regrette rien
Firefly thought the male was playing some game, but as the words began to draw from the male and the sudden change overcame him she realized that it was just another torn soul. She'd seen more than one of them in these lands and in the old world that the change that took over didn't scare her like it should. She was not what she lead the world on to believe, only one here had seen the darker side of her. The rest had been her play bits, a tease and a taunt just to wind down her day. She knew she couldn't go across the days as the wild child that resided behind those emerald eyes.

Those orbs watched the male coolly as that voice kicked in, explaining his reasons, moving in closer as the hot breath seemed to trickle across her neck as he leaned in closer. The rough bark pressed against her back as she turned her head up, her chin lifted in confidence as that haunting voice growled so close. Her bold words sitting between them as she asked. "And how do they do that?"

Closed the beast seemed to draw to her, she knew she should be afraid of what was before her, but in some strange manner she was collected. She wasn't really afraid of death and if that's what he was here to give her then so be it, but within moment it seemed that death wasn't to be her treat tonight. She almost wanted to roll her eyes with his words as he suddenly seemed to show where his interests lay. "Life's a game.. why shouldn't I.." she asked with no emotion, yet she knew that she wasn't out of danger as his claws drug through the fur along her neck. Lowering her head for a moment as she felt his hand move closer and closer to her throat. After mere seconds she snapped her head back up, the trailing answer finished. ".. Why shouldn't I play the role life deals me.." She knew the role life had dealt her, it was whatever she wanted it to be, and at the moment she was an actress on a stage and this soul wasn't worth seeing the lady through the dark mirror.

Messages In This Thread