A Battle of Bows
[html]

It's fine ;D This isn't turning out as expected... thought I'd have Frodo show off though, it could get Seb interested in exchanging techniques x'D Sorry it's so long, and if I didn't explain what he did so well, pm me or something! word count; 650

He was not expecting for the stranger to hold the bow in place. What threat was Frodo and his horse? They had just been walking through, passing through and minding their own business. Whatever dangers Sebastian seemed to think they contained was news to Frodo. Still, he sensed that the stranger might be more scared than angry. After all, Frodo had done nothing to anger him, right? Except for draw his own weapon....but come on, that had been self defense! Or, defense for his horse. He watched with intense green eyes as Sebastian moved his weapon so that it was not pointing at Strider, but at Frodo's heart. Frodo stifled a groan, but he kept perfectly still, face intact as Sebastian scampered further into the branches.

I sure as hell aint no bandit. An' I a-wan't sum kinda explanashun before I lower me guard. You follow? he shouted up into the tree. Grimacing, the weapon still held in place, he stooped up from his horse, kneeling on Strider's back and eventually hopping off. He clicked in his tongue and the horse trotted away quietly, searching for cover. This was all the communication he needed to tell his horse to do something. The horse was out of the way now; Frodo couldn't have it put in danger.

Frodo took a step back to squint at the red blur. Even hidden between leaves - which was cowardice, in Frodo's opinion - Seb was easy to spot, and easier to strike, especially since Frodo had learnt how to use a bow since he'd been able to shift. Bandits go roun' in groups. Yer see others wiv' me? Yer SMELL others? Nope. I ent no bandit. Just a traveler. he continued. An' a ruddy good shot. he smiled, the string of his bow taut, just against his cheek, held ready in place. He wanted to withdraw, and calm the stranger down, but he was having too much fun. Figuring he wasn't in too much danger, he unloosed the arrow, holding it safely against the hip, and used his free hand to grab at his ring necklace. Ripping the chain from his neck, he threw it up into the air, very far indeed. And, showing off, which wasn't something he'd normally do, he quickly knocked the arrow back into place and let go of the string. As the necklace was chain with a ring attached, he aimed for the arrow to go straight through the ring. And so it did.

The arrow ended up piercing straight through the ring and then right into the bark of a tree. There, the arrow held solidly, vibrating a little, the ring necklace hanging from it gently. If I wanted it too, tha' arrow would have got yer already, straight in the conker. I am no threat. If I wanted some dinner, ah woulda butchered yer already. he explained, while grabbing the chain to pull over his head once more, and pulling the arrow out to go safely in the sheath. He hung his bow back over his shoulder, as he didn't seem to want to defend himself anymore. Seb might have shot him already, but Frodo hadn't thought of that...he figured that the red-furred male would have been too curious to see what Frodo was doing, that he would have forgotten about the weapon in his own hands.

Frodo leapt upon a nearby tree; one with a low, broad branch that was easy to scramble upon, and watched the stranger lazily from there. Frodo wasn't very high up at all, not having really climbed a tree before, but he had a better view from where he was now. He wondered if his explanation about not being a threat was plausible (though the stranger had actually been afraid of the horse, though Frodo didn't know that), or if the opposing wolf would try and shoot him anyway.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread