april showers
[html]

He was unaware of the conclusions drawn behind those brown eyes of hers as she listened to him courteously. Her chuckle made him smile, and he squirmed momentarily in the crook of the tree root to try to make some more room for the both of them as the rain continued to pour down. It wasn’t as intense as before, becoming bearable enough to stand in for a while, but he doubted it would be finished for another few hours at least. The most he could pray for was a soft drizzle when he made his way back home.

The blonde woman mentioned his father then, and the carefree smile on the youth’s face disappeared. His ginger ears lowered back against his skull, and he shrugged a shoulder. “He’s around,” he said. “And the other leader is Strelein, who makes the clothes. I don’t know if they’d want to meet a stranger. And Daddy—I mean, my father doesn’t really need a lot of stuff, since he doesn’t go to two legs a lot.”

It wasn’t that Vigilante was absent from his life; he had been an idol for the child as soon as he could walk, after all. However, the man had never been very involved with those outside the pack as far as Skoll could tell. He found himself realizing how much of a mystery his father’s personal life was, but he guess that was for the better. A king need only be a friend to his subjects; it was good that he was doing patrols and stuff inside the pack rather than going on treks just for trade.

<style type="text/css">
.shbsun b {font-weight:bold; color:#532f00; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#655f29 1px 1px 2px;}
.shbsun t {font-style:italic; color:#532f00; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#655f29 1px 1px 2px;}
.shbsun p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#655f29 1px 1px 2px;}
.shbsun p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#655f29 1px 1px 2px;}
.shbsun .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.shbsun p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shbsun {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afaf4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdImJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid 36390f; padding: 355px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#36390f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread