spring brings out the birds
[html]

I don't mind. I have too many threads with Alma, so some of them being slow allows me to keep up without getting overwhelmed.

Alma continued to stare at the owls. It was possibly quite rude to do so, but lack of experience with animals meant she didn't know any better. The mention of catching one in a net made her ears twitch, though she did not turn her head to the woman until she had finished. "I traded for some eggs one time, and I couldn't get them to hatch. They died and stunk up my cave." The coyote frowned, and wrinkled her nose at the memory. At least now she'd known what she'd done wrong; hadn't watched them or kept them warm enough.

"I don't know much about taking care of adult birds, either. Just that they eat meat, and some of what Ithiel told me." There was a pause as she tried to remember all that she'd been told. "He has a vulture that he uses to scout, and I think he said he kept it there by feeding it." That had been the extent of their conversation then, as Alma had been so excited to learn that birds could be used to attack a Luperci that she had run off in an attempt to catch an eagle. It, of course, didn't work.

"I don't know anything about training them." There was a pause as she tried to sit up with her one good arm. Somehow, she managed the strength to push herself up; the arm in a sling would likely be much weaker once it had healed, as she'd been relying on the other arm to compensate. "Do you think you could teach me?" Her tail wagged behind her and made a noticeable thump on the ground. She grinned, her eyes filled with child-like fascination.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread