a wish for wings that work
[html]
The moment that he spoke her ears fell back, watching him in silence. It was as if she suddenly understood everything that had happened in her life. She had only gone looking for him because she knew she had a father somewhere. She'd already lost her mother, she couldn't lose him also. It was, perhaps, by complete fluke that she ended up spending the majority of her life with him, at least until the point that she had gone back to Inferni. Now she understood though, why he always seemed to want to get rid of her, at least in a way. He was trying to protect her, even if that was only part of the reason he wanted her to go away. She hadn't wanted to be there, she never understood why they all seemed so angry and so easy to hate, and now that she was grown enough to make her own decisions, she didn't want to know.

Then it started. He knew in that moment that he wasn't well and Rachias had to fight back tears even harder. Shaking her head, she set the bowl aside, pushing it away so that it wouldn't spill. "I know you're sick." She said quietly, expecting him to be angry that she had come despite knowing it. "Laurel told me and I asked him to bring me here anyways." It was fear that kept her from leaving. Something in her head that made her believe that if she walked out that door she might never see him alive again. "I can't leave though.." It was a whisper, something desperate and quiet. Then, almost suddenly, her body stretched forward, bringing her head to lay against his chest and her arms up next to her, hands making careful swipes at her eyes each time a tear came.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread