Soothe My Soul
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

...and because she and her Family sang to their long passed forebears, it was with hope that they looked to each day anticipating the good to follow as reward for their constant, loving adorations for those that walked the earth before them. Their songs were to acknowledge the steps taking before their living bodies could follow, to thank the forms not committed to the earth for their paths left behind for their kin to follow. It was to thank them for their wisdom, their sacrifice, and the experiences they bestowed to the generations that followed. She knew only of these reasons to sing to the ancestors, for it was what was taught to her and it was what she had embraced of her own volition during her travels of the dangerous of life.

If nothing else, she could thank them for seeing her through the turmoil relatively unscathed. And truly she was glad to find another within her newfound Family no less that saw to convey his gratitude if to the ancestors of a different kind... but to them none the less. It was warming to her heart and her kind smile reflected it as she sat with him in religious content.

"It is a practice shared by the original Marecks of the Nomads," she shared, offering a bit of insight to the place once called home. "Among them were those with the most beautiful voices that were asked to send the messages of all the families to the ancestors. Eventually, such an honor became open to the group as a whole once a Mareck assumed the role of High Shepard. She decreed that no one family should speak to the generations before, but that all should be able to. It was a practice that most families accepted, but some did not, including my own. Were it not that by chance I was mistaken for a Mareck by my voice, it is doubtful that I would appreciate singing to them now..."

331 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread