a wish for wings that work
[html]
In the few moments of silence that fell across them, Rachi wondered just what she would do if he did die. Arkham was gone and she didn't fit in Inferni, she didn't even want to go back there to visit unless she really had to. Her father was the only thing that she had left and now she was suddenly finding that might lose him also. The sandy girl wasn't able to contain the tears that ran from her eyes or the sobs that shook her body. She pulled her arm closer, resting it over the top of her muzzle then. Things changed suddenly though. His arms were around her, holding her, and a rush of life filled her body. She couldn't ever remember a moment like that, not even back when he was sometimes different and seemed to like her more than usual.

The girl stifled her tears enough to open her eyes and peer up at his face as he spoke. She reached up with her other arm, brushing at the fur at the side of his face with the tips of her fingers, and lifted her head just a bit. "Don't be sorry daddy." Her words were a whisper, meant to be comforting and soothing despite the quiet sobs that tried to break through. "I just don't want anything bad to happen to you.." She had to fight away the tears just to get her words out. She was so afraid that he might be dying. "I'm gonna stay around here and make sure you get better. I don't.." A sudden deep breath, which she held in a moment. "I don't want to lose you too." But the tears came, trailing small moisture lines in her face as they eventually disappeared into her fur. "I love you." and she buried her head against him once more.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread