You've gone ahead without me...
[html]

"We came here to accomplish a dangerous task," he said slowly, putting the knife away also. "But not everyone approves of what we came here to do. Soro was very capable, so anyone who could defeat him would need to be quite dangerous. Tell me, if you will, the killer was here not long ago, his scent is all over the area, does he bear any pack scent that you recognize?"

Truth be told, he shouldn't have been so confident that Skoll had been the one to do this, but it seemed likely, given the scenario Soro had painted for him. It was his confidence in the prowess held by warriors of GreyClaw which led him to the conclusion that only their quarry would be able to do this...alone, at any rate. Even though he had seen his mentor defeated at the hands of a non-expert, he still held unshakable confidence in this fact.

"I may not be able to do anything about it, but it would be comforting to be certain if it is who I think it is..." or to know where to find who I know it is, he finished in his thoughts. Lies, lies, and more lies. He had told them long before coming to this place, but it was here that he began regretting the absence of truth that seemed to pervade all his words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread