things are going my way
[html]

A hazily familiar scent reached the boy even as he nibbled on the first rabbit, tugging out tufts of extra fluff and chewing through to the actual meat. He recognized it as family even before he looked up, his green eyes appraising his elder brother-in-law. The white wolf had always been one the boy had looked up to, even though he hadn’t been quite old enough to understand. As Majordomo, Niro Takekuro used to hold a lot of standing in the pack—that, his golden eagle, and his odd dark blue-black mohawk had always made him stand out in the boy’s mind. Even seeing it now, he couldn’t suppress a grin.

“I know, I’m huge!” Skoll replied to the observation, his tongue lolling from his jaws. His tone was both arrogant and teasing, and he quickly leaped onto all fours with his tail wagging hard and high. He glanced at the bird when she made a sound then ignored her in favor of the returned adult male.

“I missed you, Niro,” the teenager exclaimed, jumping toward him and giving him an affectionate nudge where he could reach in this form. “I know I’ve got new nieces and nephews, but what else is new since you left?” His head cocked, and his mind was hungry for the tale of an adventure. He dreamed of going out and traveling the world again sometime when he was older, even though his little excursion with Terra would keep that wanderlust at bay for a while yet. And, of course, he would always return home.

Word Count → 260

As before, sorry for the unusually long wait. >__>

<style>
.lazyskol {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qa6Q9.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#7e8935; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; color:#243204; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #243204;}
.lazyskol b {color:#d6e092; text-shadow:#243204 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lazyskol p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lazyskol p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #d6e092; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.lazyskol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread