Everybody Lies
[html]

(361)--

The Virding had looked to the dark female for an explanation and much to her surprise, a response did not come from her. Seeing as the call had undoubtedly been hers, Lilin had wrongly assumed who the spokesperson for the trio would be. Her forehead wrinkled into a frown of her own, mimicking their guest's grimace; she was clearly baffled by the girl's overall posture and obvious apprehension with whatever situation they'd gotten themselves into, this meeting included. Bran's attention seemed to revolve around their peculiar costumes and not their life story- his obvious perplexity was badly concealed within dark chestnut irises. Clearly, technicalities mattered little to him as long as the strangers remained passive and displayed no signs of aggression.

She couldn't help but quirk a brow as names and relations were associated to the faces before her. They certainly looked nothing alike. If anything, Lilin shared more similarities with Bran than Hael did with his sister, Nahyt. Same litter, different sires perhaps. That's the only plausible explanation the dichotomous female could come up with - assuming they hadn't meant it as a figure of speech. Whatever their reasons were, it was unimportant. They seemed harmless enough. ''I'm Lilin and this is my cousin Bran,'' she retorted, pointing to herself and the brawny chocolate male next to her in the same fashion Hael had introduced his little group. "The pack you refer to is Vinátta. I can offer you a home, provided you answer a few questions honestly." Lilin generally found this process tedious, as opposed to her co-leader's grand interest with newcomers.

So long as they didn't start messing with her kin and they willingly provided a helping hand around the pack lands, they could stay. "I'd like to know where you hail from. If we offer you protection and a place to stay, your loyalty and dedication will of course be expected. But what else can you bring to the table?" Her gaze was as much on Nahyt as it was on Hael, wondering if the male would provide an answer for his companion or if she would finally break free from her cocoon of silence.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread