Trained for This
[html]
OOC Auggie sucks as a conversationalist, but he's so darn cute when he's wistful / +417

Augustus bared a single fang before the other’s gaze lowered, causing the canine to retreat back into the fold of his lips. He cocked his head with curiosity, eager to hear of this newcomers heritage, and wondering if it reflected his own any. It did and the bi-colored brute drew himself closer. He felt a kindred spirit, and a hint of a grin tugged at the corners of his mouth. Two-leggers… He repeated slowly. I had suspicions, but never did I think I’d find another like myself, not even here. His tail flicked in a feeble wag and he nudged roughly at the brute‘s shoulder. When he retreated he held his head proudly and spoke, the north is colder, harsher, mercilous. These easterners could not hope to survive there, but we know what it is like to struggle. We fight a battle against the world just for the right to face the dawn. Do we not, brother?

The tundra wolf’s expression was almost warm when he spoke again. I’m surprised you do not have more experience, Tharin. How long ago did you leave? The large male settled to his haunches, attentive now that he had found a wolf of similar mind. The tawny male’s eyes darkened suddenly with his telling of events. Ah, that is good then, he acknowledged that the bear was far from their borders. I’m guessing Akira did not survive? He pondered aloud, forming the conclusion before Tharin could hope to acknowledge it. These things happen, I nearly lost my Ciara to that cat, but not before we tore its heart from its chest. He rose his head triumphantly. Men of the north, we understand that we are mortal. Some do not. His eyes were wistful and he regarded Tharin in his yellow pools before prodding his muzzle at his shoulder again, in an attempt to be comforting. His assurances had been brief, but his mannerisms were much changed in regard to how he normally regarded others. Tharin was lucky to see this side of the wolf.

I can teach you, if you’d like. He said abruptly. To fight. New Dawn could use more warriors. He allowed himself a grin then and his jaws opened in a mock sigh. Ahh, it would be nice to be able to take a vacation, maybe even get a taste of my mate. The last was offered with a wink. He suspected Tharin had met Ciara, at least once, and he was not above boasting of her beauty.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.auggy p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.auggy p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread