The only people for me are the mad ones.
[html]

They were made on Court lands… she hadn’t thought about that. And there was no denying that if the children were one-half Mars’s, then they were also one-half Court blood. Was it not also true that there was a bit of the Court of Miracles in herself, too? After all, it was the first pack she had ever been a part of, and the place she would always remember as her first true home. She had bloodlines here, both physical and figurative, even if Niro was gone traveling for now, and this was one place she had always been welcome. It was even a woman from the Court, Alaine, who had delivered her first litter. All of the lines led back to the land of Miracles, it was just a matter of Orin opening her eyes long enough to see.

She stared at the bottom of the cup, her ears dropping back when he talked about matters of pride. “This isn’t about my pride, this is about who I am. Who we are.” She said softly, though still stared lackadaisically into the bottom of her cup. “This is more about loyalty, if anything. Cercatori took me back after I disappeared without word. I was a part of the pack’s founding. How can I turn my back on that?” Now her eyes turned to meet Mars’, and she saw something there. By the look in her amber orbs, it was all the answers she ever wanted. Because it was then that he spoke without thinking, spoke the thing that she wanted yet could not admit to herself. She wanted to come back to the Court.

She was quiet for a minute, and just sat staring at him. Though her ears perked up and her eyes became bright. She was pondering, yet the wolf in her already answered, even if it would take herself a minute to get it.

“I… move… you…” she stumbled over her words when she finally tried to speak. For a second her mouth hung open and then she took a deep breath, starting over. Her voice was thick with emotion. “M-move back to the Court? With you? I never thought you would want to...” Then the pregnancy hormones took flight and her eyes welled with tears. Her expression was illegible, that strange look when happy tears overwhelm a person and make them look miserable despite their elation.

“You mean to raise them as a family?” Next, without thinking, she asked the very questions that he, too, had been dwelling on. “Are you sure? Do you really think Amon and Paz would be okay? What… would you tell Krystalle?”

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 400+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread