[m] Heaven Sent
[html]

800+

Just about as quickly as she could drape the scarf around Mars he plucked it off and set it around her own shoulders, and she lifted a hand to pet the fabric as she smiled up at him, even though he was being a poor sport. She giggled softly when she moved away, just before she had come up in front of the mirrors.

He was concerned about her, concerned about their offspring, and she liked that. “I guess you’re right,” she said into the mirror, though her eyes were turned to Mars’s reflection instead of her own. “I haven’t exactly been easy on myself. Now that I’m here I… it’s hard to pick a place because it feels more like a dream. I don’t think it’s hit me yet that this is permanent.” She wasn’t woeful, just thoughtful as she realized why she had yet to find any one place to call home. She supposed after the puppies came she would just return to her old room in the Chein Hotel, even though Mars wanted her to be with him. There was something wrong about that idea, though. She had come to the Court at his request, because he wanted to raise the children together, but Krystalle was still there and she didn’t know if she could trust her. Sure, they were pack now, but had Mars even told her? How would she react to a sudden litter of Mars’s bastard children running around her house? Orin assumed it wouldn’t be pretty.

Her pupils contracted as she came back to the present and focused on their reflections again. They were talking about the costume shop, so Orin turned to face Mars, staring up into those crystalline eyes. Her own amber gaze became filled with fanciful dreams as he talked about showing this place to their litter one day. “That would be lovely. Mars, look around,” she said all whimsical as she glanced around the dingy shop and then back to him. “This place isn’t so bad. The book store in d’Arte was worse than this when I moved in. What if we made it ours? Imagine, Cour des Miracles’ very own costume and clothing shop. I bet we could even get a lot of help from the pack. I’m good at book keeping, I know a little about how to fix a place up… I don’t know diddly squat about sewing and fabric but you do and I can learn! It could be so amazing… the puppies could grow up around it, think of the things they could do…” Her voice trailed off happily as she looked around the shop again. She was staring at one of the racks imagining what this place would be like filled with patrons, with the paint all fresh and bright and the clothing brand new when Mars knelt down and pressed his ear to her belly. She smiled down at him.

“It’s not much longer, but not too soon, I don’t think. With my last litter I went crazy before having them and threw snowballs at Shawchert, so I’ll know when they’re on their way.” She placed one hand lovingly upon Mars’s shoulder and the other behind his head, holding him in a gentle embrace as their restless pups wriggled inside of her. He could probably feel them moving against his cheek that was pressed against her.

“I don’t really know where we’re going to stay,” she replied. “I guess I have to figure that out. I’m probably going to end up back in my old room at the Hotel if nothing else comes along...” She didn’t want to go to the Hotel, it was just a default choice. What she wanted now was for Krystalle to be gone, for Mars to bring her into his home, but that hadn’t happened yet. He had asked her to come to the Court so they could raise their children together, but they had ‘forgotten’ to hash out these little details before she moved back. Now, once again, Orin was stuck in a funny kind of limbo. Still, she did not resent Mars for it. This had all been unplanned, and they were doing what they could, what they thought was best for their impromptu family.

She bent over to kiss Mars atop his shaggy head when she felt a sharp pain roll through her. It felt like pulling a muscle in her abdomen, and all at once she felt dizzy and nauseous. Her weight went into Mars, a shocked gasp escaping her as she stumbled off balance. Luckily he was against her so she did not fall over. “Mars I… I think I need to sit down…” Her heart began to race and her throat went dry, talking was hard. Another wave went through her and she cringed. What was going on? This wasn’t right. Was it the puppies? This wasn’t how it happened last time!

Then she felt a warmth and wetness between her legs. Now, she did remember that from last time. She looked at Mars, panicked. “I think it’s… something’s wrong… the puppies…”

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade b {font-weight:bold; color:#fda18c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #6b5a4a; margin:0 auto;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread