Hearts and Hooves
[html]
Alli made it for meeeee. And that sounds good to me! Big GrinDD

Heritage let the younger male pet him, seemingly much more complacent now that he had his exercise for the day. He quietly let the strange boy, though not so strange for he had seen him taking care of other horses and the stables. But perhaps it was simply because his lips were deep in the trough, taking a drink from the freshly pulled water. It was scarce and he had to share, so he pulled out his head and whinnied into two males' general direction with agitation in his eyes.

Silvano glanced at the boy with the bucket, wondering why he only took one at a time. Two would be faster, for sure. Perhaps he was not quite as strong as he should be? Another glance at the trough showed it was almost empty, and the bucket had at least given the water a slightly raised notch in the depths. However, for the amount of horses put to pasture here, it was too little. They might have to consider making a channel for the water from the source, so that a small pond could collect in the pen. That was something he could talk to the leader about, surely?

The Sadira smiled, taking the young man's hand in response. He shook it as he had been taught and pulled it away to put his hands in his pockets. "I'm Silvano, and I'm surprised your sister said little else. She certainly liked my horse well enough," he said with a sigh, jutting his thumb in the direction of his demanding colt. Heritage blew air out his nose, then stamped a leg. He was getting agitated, and he still looked thirsty. "Would you like some help? I think my master here demands I get more water for his royal stomach."

<style type="text/css">
.silmarc2-box {width:259px;height:323px;float:right;}
.silmarc2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8eed7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.silmarc2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.silmarc2 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#c2a070; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BgVET.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #623117; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#623117; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread