Shared Languages
I have two theories. The first one is where I would assume that the luperci languages evolved from what was once canine low speech. It's possible that as the luperci developed they adapted the language that they already had to reflect the area's which they lived in (similar to how human languages evolve). Because the luperci live shorter lives, this process would have been rapidly sped up to reflect the generations. As the luperci mingled the languages would further adapt so that other's could understand what was being said. The luperci could also have a common language like humans do. Basically, the luperci english became the lingua franca.

My second theory is that the canines had already developed high speech before becoming luperci. I like this theory better because it accounts for why non-luperci know high speech and why other animals like cats have their own form of high speech. Again, the languages would probably have evolved and become more similar as the luperci traveled. I think a lingua franca would have formed in this case as well.

Messages In This Thread