Learning new tricks
[html]No worries, I'm not as fast as I used to be either. Real life gets in the way sometimes. You feeling better?

We can have this sparring match go anyway you want, Oak wins, Cassia wins, or a draw, anyway you want. She's quick so her dodging skills are one of her strengths. However, she also doesn't know how Oak fights so it's highly likely she'll make a few mis-steps where he can land a few blows. Like usual, I'm just excited to see wherever this goes ^_^

Lips curved in a smirk, eager to see Oak's version of unarmed combat. His one word response and similar smile sent a chill of anticipation down her spine. This would be fun. With her body unburdened by her usual clothes, armor and weapons the Calidus girl felt unfamiliarly light. Her muscular form slid into her fighting stance as she watched Oak assume his pugilistic posture. No doubt he would make use of his sinewy arms to throw some powerful punches. Her muscular but slight form would not be an easy target, but with strength like his it would take only a few blows to bring her down.

Throughout her training she had developed her own style of fighting, unlike the grappling, boxing style of the centurions. She understood that style, but had found her physique unfit to utilize it properly. No, her own unique form had developed from observing festival dancers in her old homeland. Their movements flowed like willow branches in the wind, more floating than actually stepping. At a young age she had recognized the flexibility of the feminine form could be both beautiful and deadly. She would try to tire Oak out, avoiding as his blows as best she could while attempting to shift him off balance. At least, that was the present plan. Knowing only his stance and obvious physical strength prevented her from developing any other sort of attack plan. Then again, that was the point of this exercise, to see how he fought and to help him improve if need be.

Rising on the balls of her feet, bending at the knees, shoulders relaxed and loose Cassia smiled yet again. "Whenever you're ready, then," she remarked, staring at him with puppish glee sparking in her sea green gaze. The first move would be his to make."Don't hold back, either," she added, making it abundantly clear that she wanted no hesitation or restraint on his part. [/html]

Messages In This Thread