Goodies
[html]

--

Rabbit was Itachi’s most common meal, so he guessed he should consider this scene slightly odd. But he was a canine of acceptance. The female before him accepted his wish without visible trouble. Of course, as a potential buyer, he was permitted to touch. The Lykoi’s cold gaze remained locked with hers for a moment longer before they retreated back to the game in her hands. Having not only one, but two predators so horribly close, he’d half expected it to cry out. It wasn’t rare for prey to cry out as they watched dead approach with merciless fangs designed to kill, and a rabbit’s cry could chew through flesh and stone with its intensity. He wasn’t particularly bothered by that sound. After all, he was a born predator like the rest of his species.

White-gold fingertips brushed along the fur, and he wasn’t surprised at its unique silkiness. But what was different today was that the animal was warm and still alive. The echoes of its rapid heartbeat hummed against his fingers, and he was reminded of the unquenchable thirst that always burned in his throat, albeit usually muted. Memory reminded him the taste of hot blood flooding his appreciative tongue, and the pace of a dying heart; rapid at first, then slowing into perfect stillness. An animal designed to nurture those listed higher in nature’s hierarchy. Itachi wasn’t soft. Some Salsolans had turned away or turned still with horror when a slave had rebelled during the dinner. He had put the slave’s blood to his lips and savoured the taste.

”I could ensnare a few rabbits myself in these lands, so I’m uncertain if it would be profitable for me to purchase these long-eared animals from you,” he said, seeking to know the female and the price she had set on her wares with such delicious heartbeats.

<style>
.bri-ilurface2-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... aldic2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:156px; height:239px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.bri-ilurface2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.bri-ilurface2 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.bri-ilurface2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.bri-ilurface2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bri-ilurface2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread