The Patter of Little Paws
[html]

Word Count :: 349

ooh

Lucia and Kohaku had been infants when Ichika disbanded and had never really met any of its former members. They only knew of Ichika from the stories Kiara had told them before bed time. Even so, Kiara was certain that the puppies hadn't really understood what they were told. It pained the young mother's heart to know that her puppies would never know their birth pack and all memory of their youngest days would soon be gone if it wasn't already.

Kiara smiled a little as Ciara chuckled at Lucia's response. Because she was a puppy, she had a simplistic view on the world. The female's smile grew as her daughter became interested in the higher ranking wolf. She began to question Ciara who seemed only too delighted to answer. Even Kiara became interested as the other described her travels. The arctic female had lived almost her entire life in the tundra, but had never been close enough to the sea. She didn't know one could cross such a vast expanse of water by hoping across the ice. Although, it did kind of make sense. As any puppy, Lucia was quick to question her word and she showered Ciara with questions. Lucia asked what caribou were, what ice was, and what was on the other side of the water.

"Caribou are very big prey. Like the deer mommy brings to you, only much bigger. Ice is cold water that is hard like the ground. You will get to see it when you get older." Lucia's large puppy eyes became saucers as she listened to the fascinating details about her world. Kiara left the last question for Ciara to answer, seeing as even she didn't know about the lands past the ocean.

Once Lucia's curiosity was satisfied, the focus of the conversation turned back to Kiara and New Dawn. "It's a lovely place and we have adjusted quite well. A pack like this...it's been a long time since I was in this type of pack. However, I like it. The atmosphere reminds me of my birth pack. It's very comfertable."

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-Springmom .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread