Bring the rolling thunder
[html]

(305)Slight PP, figured they could go to Isabella's place? :O SECRET LADY MEETING. Also, I totally picture Irene Adler when I think about Isabella. :|

As she understood it, this woman was much like the coyote who had just recently bore Sirius’ children. She was chosen, perhaps not for her worth, but instead for how she fit into the jewels lining the Thistle King’s crown. This was what Siv suspected, though she saw something sharp and dangerous in the pale eyes before her. It was carefully hidden, but oh, she sensed it because a liar will always know another liar. Her lips came together in a faint smile, the too-long canines glinting from where they hung, always visible, the true sign that she was not what she seemed.

“Yes,” she affirmed, and lifted both ears high at the mention of the need for a slave. Being her realm of expertise, she was quite certain that the communal ones they had were hardly able to be spared. They needed more, and soon. Her smile faded into a contemplative frown until the question cut through her thoughts. Siv’s eyes trailed back to Gjalda, who kept his gaze on the ground but was obviously listening. Good—Siv used the moment as an opportunity to further enforce her authority over him.

“He made a mistake while working; he’s lucky the wound was not severe, or he might find his use wearing thin. You,” she said sharply, and the slave looked up at her voice. “Come with us.” Siv motioned for Isabella to lead the way, but kept at her side. She was curious about the woman. “I’m sorry we have so little to offer you; I must travel south soon and procure more—perhaps you would be interested in having a man to serve you solely?” Her tone suggested that she suspected Isabella was used to making men bow to her, something that Siv could have noticed even without Sirius’ obvious gift and favors.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread