A New Day, A New Start
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... iustab.png); background-color:#000f33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">WC 300+

Make a wish when your childhood dies.

He stopped what he was doing and just looked at her for a minute, smiling almost handsomely as his ruby eyes scanned her face. The apprehension and sheepishness he saw there was endearing, almost, and he realized at once that the girl was kind of cute. The look turned into that half smile he got every time he looked at someone he appreciated, though sometimes it accidentally came across as condescending. He just stood there, looking at her for a moment with an arched brown, his eyes speaking silent words. Maybe if you spill, I'll spill.

And he watched as she mustered her dignity and strength, and the in one fast breath she was out with it. He chuckled softly. It would be easy to take this the wrong way, to think he was laughing at her, but he only chuckled because she was cute.

“So you're brand new to the pack and you're not quite familiar with the caves yet so ya got yourself a little turned around,” he shrugged. “No big deal. You'll learn the layout in time, and probably faster than you think.” He was putting more sticks on the shelves again. When he decided he was done (which apparently was not when all the sticks were put away) he walked around the room and stepped up in front of Sterling. Looking down into her face, he smiled for a moment, and then held his hands out.

“Burned them trying to invent a weapon,” he said simply, hoping she would probe for more answers, because he quite liked the girl.

“Hmm...” he hummed as he thought, looking over to a collection of ready-to-go torches that he would not be able to place today. “Looks like we both need something. You certainly need someone to help you through the caverns, and I could use someone to help me put up new torches. Eh?” He turned back to her, brow arched. He waved a stiff hand at a pile of torches, “What do ya say?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread