I don't think i know my way back home
[html]
Word Count :: 370 Im here, Im here!

It had been her request to accompany Niernan's love interest on her trip out west - both women had been blissfully oblivious to each other's existences until that dreadful day when Colibri had washed up on the shores of the Grand Lake; bruised and beaten with a shattered self-esteem. There, in the midst of all the turmoil, she had noticed one or two individuals bearing her pack's customary Frithr necklaces. Grace D'Angelo had been one of them. Thus far, they'd gotten along nicely - female bonding would be beneficial to both women; in reality, Lilin found herself quite intrigued by the former Anatheman and the 'coup de foudre' between her and Niernan. Their companionship on this little trip would not only reinforce their ties with another pack, it would also serve as an opportunity to trade little trinkets here and there. Ultimately, the males back home hadn't been too pleased about letting two of their cherished females leave on a roadtrip of sorts but neither Lilin nor Grace had cared much of their complaints. They were two; they could fend for themselves.

''Not much. I met Naniko once. I had to deliver news of... her children's father, Barrett.'' she answered vaguely, feeling a familiar sense of melancholy washing over her at the mention of her former friend. It still puzzled her how he'd managed to hide the existence of three boys from her, despite their close relationship and the fact that they had actually resided on the same property for many moons. Having lived most of her life as a loner, Lilin had no knowledge of intra-pack gossip and rumors. Anathema was just another pack to her, neither good or bad. Their alphess had been cordial, and the blonde trader hailing from there hadn't struck her as a possible threat; odd and worthy of caution, yes, but nothing more.

Mediterranean irises lifted towards the sky, ears twitching with the beckoning of the crows. Their conversation, however sparse it had been, dwindled down to nothing upon their arrival. While the Virding remained silent, Grace answered their chant with a howl of her own. Lilin could only watch - waiting for someone to intercept the Vinattan women at any given moment.

Photo courtesy of VinothChandar, texture by DH-Textures

<style>
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#becfcf; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 {background-color:#303e3e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fefefe; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6803/lilrain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:329px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread