Angels lie to keep control
[html]
Ok Smile [Words:798 :: Points: 7]

Axelle smiled up at Kai, feeling Rio busily scrubbing at her dirty fur. She knew Kai would have preferred washing her himself, but she was happy Rio was doing it. She felt safer at the hands of the healer, not that Kai was dangerous though. It was just that he was inexperienced when it came to medicine and healing and more experienced in killing and torturing. He wasn’t someone she wanted to leave her wounds in the hands of. Her bi-colored eyes looked up at his as she watched him play around with her, but they fell soon as she felt the black-furred healer cease.

Rio had gotten all the spots that she could. The only dirty areas left were those around the bandages, and she didn’t want to disrupt the healing process. Axelle needed to keep those bandages on for as long as possible and adding water to them wouldn’t help. Rio huffed and climbed carefully off of the Marbas, more successful than when she climbed off of her horse. At least there wasn’t any saddle to fall off of on Axelle. She dipped her maw to the two – after all, they were a higher rank than she. Even though she wasn’t in the pack, she still respected her fellow pack mates of Anathema. ”It was no problem at all. Really.” She turned to start putting her things away. She grabbed the thread and needle first; she was a little relieved that she didn’t have to practice that on Axelle. She’d rather stitch the female when she had more experience with it. Then she took more of the rags and shoved them in there as well, following the bottle of Vodka that was now less than half full. When she was done packing her things away, she turned to them again. ”It was a pleasure to meet you, Axelle, finally. My mother had mentioned you a few times, saying that you were a good friend to her. A good friend to her is a good friend to me, even though we don’t always see eye to eye. Whenever you need something, you can always come to me. No matter the situation.” Axelle found herself smiling and nodding. There really wasn’t much she could say to that, other than agree. Rio rested her gaze on Malakai and smiled, ”And I’ll be finding you when I need the favor returned.” She eyed him for a second, her eyes friendlier than they probably should have been. Then she turned from the two and headed for the door.

Getting down the narrow steps was even harder than getting up them. There was no door to the apartment so there was nothing to close behind her. The blood smell followed her and lingered down the narrow hallway and out the front door, which was also non-existent. That door, however, looked as if it were ripped off of the hinges by an opposing force. When she safely got down the stairs and stepped outside, she realized it had been. The door lay in the street in a bunch of small splintery pieces. She decided not to go near it, and walked around the block. She was happy she didn’t have to howl for Vitalia. The horse had found a patch of grass and was happily chewing away at it. She raised her head as she saw Rio coming towards her. Rio climbed atop the saddle, and the two took off towards home.

Upstairs, Axelle laid on the bed. Her eyes felt tired and heavy from their long day. And to think: they were only coming to Halifax for a ‘few’ things. They got more than what they bargained for with this trip, but she didn’t mind. She was always bound to run into some kind of trouble – it had always happened that way. Harlowe, Kemo, and now this brute. He didn’t have a name to label him with, and she secretly wished she did. He would be known as the Gray man from Halifax, forever. Axelle snuggled up against Kai, trying not to move and disrupt her bandages. She inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. ”You know we’ll have to stay somewhere nearby for a while until I can remove these, right?” She thought about it – they couldn’t stay here. The blood smell was too strong; so strong it might give her another blood lust – and then how would she cure it? There was no way she could hunt like this and she didn’t even know where one would even find anything worth eating around here. Kai would have to travel a bit out of town to find them dinner. ”If we do stay here though, not here. Let’s find a different house. The smells are starting to get to me.” Which they were.

<style type="text/css">
.axemask b {font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; font-family: georgia, serif; color:#221212; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4d342d; }
.axemask p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.axemask {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#866f5d; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/1zl7nmx.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 340px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread