Manly Men
[html]
Word Count :: 324No problem, he's a good guy, just...bitter, and a bit guarded

His sarcasm was making him no friends it seemed, mused the Callow man as he watched the subtle changes in Jiva’s expression. He’d meant no harm by it, of course, but that hadn’t made it any less offensive and Alister ruffled his mane self-consciously. His hazel eyes fell to the ground where he absently shuffled his feet. His hand hovered in the air as Jiva sniffed it and then shifted. He straightened as the other man brought himself to his two-legged stature, and grasped the hand firmly, but briefly. “Well met.”

At word of Jiva’s warning he shrugged, “I appreciate your concern, fortunately, I’m not as useless as I look.” His hazel eyes darted to the ground again. “Not that I’m not grateful for the warning.” His voice was kindlier as he said this. “And I am sorry to hear about your troubles… is there… nothing I can do to help?” He was sure the wolves could handle themselves, but it pained him to hear of people in trouble. For all his sarcasm he was a compassionate character, always eager to lend a hand wherever he could.

Jiva backed away when Alister mentioned the knife, and his words caused the man to chuckle heartily. “There’s more to it than that.” Shrugging his shield higher up his back he flicked his gaze about Jiva curiously. “I could…teach you some tricks, if you’d like. I was a warrior before I came to Nova Scotia, the wolves didn’t like me much, but they taught me how to fight well enough.” It had been a strict regimen, what with the waking at the crack of dawn, the constant drilling, and various sparring matches. The wolves of the clan took the defense of their borders seriously, much like New Dawn seemed to now. It was different here, though. These canines resorted to more primitive methods of defense, puzzling to the wolf dog, but to each their own he supposed.

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url("http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987/alistercallow.png"); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread