[aw] Pockets full of stone
[html]
Nier is such a sucker for pups. 5pts / 517

Sadness and a little bit of guilt filled his cyan eyes as he watched Sura plod back off into the pack lands. He had never meant to remove the pup from her play situation, and he had not wanted to treat her like a child. He knew that she had a streak of intelligence as wide as an ocean, but he couldn't help worrying about her: She was too smart for a pup her age, but lacked order or rules by which to express her smarts. He sighed, closing his eyes for a moment and murmuring his thoughts, I think I'm in trouble. He opened his eyes and turned back to the man and pup with a smile. As he turned he noticed the pup hiding behind the man, a questioning look on her face as she gazed up at him. Another stroke of sadness hit him then; he had removed this pups new play-friend. It seemed he was doomed to play the 'bad-guy' to pups today.

He was distracted from his melancholy when the man replied, giving his name and that of his daughter in a thickly accented voice. He couldn't quite pick out all the components of the mans accent, but he could pick out the English and that made him smile. His own Irish lilted tones came then, A pleasure to meet you 'just Gale', He flicked his gaze down to the pup that was so desperately trying to sink into her fathers legs, You too Yvette. I'm sorry I scared Sura away, sometimes I forget I'm big and scary to look at, but I'm actually a real softy. Towards the end he spoke in a conspiratorial whisper, hoping that the pup would gain some confidence in his presence, maybe playing along. He sent a 'secret' wink her way before turning his gaze back to Gale.

The man explained their predicament and Niernan felt his eyes flick over to the lake, his cerulean gaze finding the other side with little difficulty. He coughed lightly and flicked his ears back briefly, his unease over the other packs presence on his face for a split second before he schooled his features back to jovial and welcoming. He nodded, Ah, well, we are both new packs and I would think that those in Freetown haven't made our acquaintance yet. He nodded then, a smile pulling at his lips, Sure. I can take you through the pack lands and set you in the right direction on the other side. He looked down at Yvette then, Maybe we'll see Sura or one of the other Aeska on our way through, we might even see my cat Ciaran, if you like cats? Niernan had noticed the bow of Gales head, and saw Yvettes as she mimicked her father, he bowed his slightly as well, showing respect for the loners and telling them that he wasn't the most dominant member of the pack. He turned slightly and gestured for them to follow, So, where are ya headed? He asked, hoping that they said somewhere he knew so he could guide them correctly.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread