Deep, deadly reassurance
[html]

trust no bitches :|

Siv had known what it was to suffer; she had carried her daughter across a tumultuous landscape, fought off every challenge that dared test her, and not only survived but did so admirably. Salsola had given her root. The blood of those killed had made her whispering faith into a bellowing command. Her body alone could prove Salsola’s ability to help the hardy prosper. She was all muscle (save the loose skin left from pregnancy) and womanly curves, black velvet pelt as glossy as dark water. Even her gear, her mount—these were promises of solid ground. It was not a life for the soft, or the meek, and those who subscribed to such conventions found themselves beaten down and weary in the harsh Northlands.

This man was not one of these people. He was not afraid of her; cautious, yes, but not afraid. The mention of his child explained why such a massive man might even know trepidation. Her smile was a crocodile’s, and it showed the too-long canines that glistened against a dark mouth. “I think it might earn me a tale or two,” she answered, and finally swung off Hildr. On her own two legs, she barely needed to lift her eyes to meet him. They were close of height, something she again marveled at. One hand held Hildr’s reins while the other remained free, showing she did not intend to use her own wicked spear.

“I have a daughter myself,” she admitted. “Come, show her to me. This has grown cold,” the witch added unhappily. “But a fire can fix that.”

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread