m. it's been a while, but i still feel the same
[html]
Shandom Qi’Vaex-Nightslayer

Word Count → xxx :: perhaps only a few more posts after this one, and then we can have a more recent thread? c: sorry for the delay.

Naturally, of course, things didn't go as planned. Perhaps it was his lack of sex lately, but Shandom couldn't quite recall ever being so stunningly rejected. Naniko's voice, when it came to him, was frightened and filled with confusion; being out of the proverbial game for so long, it seemed, had diminished his skills with women. His rugged face was a caricature of the seduction he'd hoped to layer upon the dazzling Angela, and in his confusion he could not quite bring himself to think long enough to change it. Mismatched eyes flitted around the room momentarily, as if searching for some sort of external cause that might explain Naniko's incredibly averse reaction to his advances. Had he been misinterpreting her cues? Did she not find him as attractive as he found her? Or perhaps she had someone that she'd never mentioned to him, and thought of the Qi'Vaex man as merely a friend. There had to be some reason for this unexpected turn of events.

She'd been touching him too. And, gods above, there had been electricity. He knew that there were feelings between them. He knew the way he felt for her wasn't unrequited, and in a burst of knowledge born from silence, Shandom Qi'Vaex realized he wanted Naniko for more than her body. In this moment of vulnerability, he could not keep up a mask of indifference; his face shifted into a comical sort of astonished realization as his chocolate eyes widened to take her in - truly take her in - for the first time.

I... Naniko, I didn't... I thought you might... He stammered over his words, rising from the bed and taking a few tentative steps towards her. The Gamma swallowed almost noisily and his chocolate eyes fell to her jade ones, white ears pinning against his head in a quiet look of almost frightened supplication. Whether this was to his feelings or the woman herself, he wasn't sure; all he knew was this beautiful creature suddenly terrified him more than he ever anticipated. I thought... I thought that might have been what you wanted, he whispered finally, voice barely audible over the crackling of fire. I... I don't understand.

Shandom is by nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.shandom-nat-box {text-align:center;}
.shandom-nat {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shandom-nat .lyrics {font-size:30px; font-family:'The Girl Next Door', cursive; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.shandom-nat p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shandom-nat p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shandom-nat .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shandom-nat p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.shandom-nat b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.shandom-nat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.shandom-nat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread