A cool breeze, a hot heart
[html]

WC :: +302

OOC ::

Instead of an attack, or a retreat, like Helotes had hoped his display would bring, instead he heard feminine laughter. His ears pulled forward and his snarl faded into a scowl as the woman’s voice, rang out through the trees. She didn’t make herself known yet, but her words were teasing and sarcastic. Still, now that Helotes knew that he was up against a woman, one who was choosing to keep herself hidden, he relaxed just a bit more; he knew he could take on any woman face to face without much trouble.

Oh? He said gruffly, his throat thick with what remained of the growl, I attracted you, didn’t I? Little horse fly… He saw a quick shift of shadows amongst the trees; it must be her. He couldn’t see her eyes, so he knew she wasn’t looking at him, so like a snake he slithered closer to where he had seen her shadow. He smelled her now, she smelled strongly of Anathema, but also of Inferni; it was confusing. There! A golden paw resting on the ground at the base of a conifer; he struck like a viper.

Helotes flipped to the other side of the tree and grabbed the arms of the cloaked woman, pinned them back against the trunk and pressing his much larger frame against hers, trapping her between bark and fur. He face came close to hers; umber eyes met gold. This woman had seen battle, it was written on her body in long scars, but that did not take away from her feminine allure. Helotes suddenly found the adrenaline that had warm his blood now turning into a different heat; but he suppressed it; he was not that man anymore, he would never take a woman like that again. Who are you? he said darkly.

<style>
.rattlotes b {letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; text-indent:25px;}
.rattlotes .ooc { margin:auto; text-align:center;}
.rattlotes {width:500px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e6r6A.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.rattlotes p b:before {content: open-quote}
.rattlotes p b:after {content: close-quote}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread