Whispers in the Moon
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

A brief opening and then business was regained as usual. The transition was swift and had she not been acclimated to her fellow Nomad's disposition she might have fallen for his dismissive tactic as following through with nothing more than tending to the fire. But she knew him better than that after all. She had known him better than even his own Shepard, perhaps not completely how is mind worked, but well enough how is heart worked even if it was believed he didn't have one.

She did not fight against his withdrawal and in fact played along with his continued analysis. There was more to accomplish in the Family, this was true. A training program was certainly worth exploring. In fact it was necessary to maintain the stability and keep all at a heightened level than let them wallow in weakness. She knew that as a whole, their cores were weak. There were differing representations of personal strength, but nothing that unified them... nothing present that showed as a whole that the pack was strong. Perhaps it was time to stop catering to them when time allotted and make it important for all to become able physical bodies. "Assassins, you mean?" She spoke up then albeit quietly when he offered them learning to fight in the shadows. She hadn't the slightest idea how to begin training like that.

As he stood her thoughts came to a halt and she pushed herself from the ground as well. His talk of the game and pieces were not what her ears were hearing. It was the empty voice used to utter them, lowering her against her skull as if their octave hurt them. He should have known that for the sake of appeasement, she would have played along and catered to his mood. But this was not a time when she felt it fitting now. Not when the prior conversation had ended so abruptly and without a true resolution. Was he upset with her? Was this him shunning her now? That cherished bond... was it gone now? No... he wouldn't let their bond be jeopardized, she truly believed this. Like her, he was a wolf of loyalty to his Family, regardless of the form it took. Surely he had not forgotten that. But she could only assume having lacked the confidence to put her full faith in this belief. How he acted now, she couldn't be certain.

Never the less, she continued to follow his lead. "If that is what you want, then I will see what I can do. I trust that you will be strict in finding your apprentice just as your Shepard was strict on you." Another attempt at recalling the past; a hopeful attempt and bringing back some familiarity. But it would not end there...she couldn't let it. There was something that was still unresolved. Walking around the fire she came to stand before her dearest friend. Regardless of how he looked to her or how he wished to make himself distant, she had already seen what she needed to not let it go; a possibility she thought was lost to him.

Reaching out with an umber hand, she took one of his within her own and held tightly to it. "X'ies... since you have returned, have you seen my companions at all? The owls and the vulture? They've finally stopped bickering with each other and learned to co-exist. Though... at times I worry that the vulture may become too proud and forget his importance to that unity. To be honest, I don't know what I would do if he was with me one moment, then left of his own volition. He is...irreplaceable."

615 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;