When the Souls of Shadows Reunite.
WC: 517

Thana knew Shadow would join her soon enough. He wouldn’t leave her out in the water by herself for long. With how they had been acting with each other since she joined earlier that day, it was obvious that the pair still cared deeply for each other. Thana couldn’t be sure that he loved her the way she still loved him, especially since it was apparent that he no longer had a mate. Something had obviously happened recently to separate them. Thana was curious to know what had happened but thought it best. She didn’t want him upset right now, especially when she had something big to tell him.

It only took a few moments before she felt his strong arms wrap around her waist as he hugged her from behind. Thana was tempted to tease him yet again, but decided to just enjoy having him so close again. It brought back all the memories of when they traveled together with Isa. Every moment they had spent together had been perfect, with the way he could always bring a smile to her face with just a look, make her laugh, the way she could do anything, no matter what it was, and he would be right there beside her. He was her best friend and he was also the only man who completely had her heart. Her feelings for her former lover, Jaden, was nothing compared to what she felt for Shadow. With Shadow near, Thana completely forgot about the man who had just recently caused her pain.

She listened carefully as he spoke, reaching her hand up to gently caress his cheek. He was everything she needed in man, and was more than likely the only man she could ever fully love.

Once he was finished, Thana turned in his arms so she ended up facing him. Her arms wrapped around his neck, bringing them even closer together as she spoke. I care about you too Shadow. I thought I had found love as well but I realize now that I was never searching for love, I was searching for someone like you. I had already found love. I had already found my soulmate.

She paused and stepped out of his arms, slowly walking back to shore. Thana sat down on the beach, the waves still lapping at her feet. For one of the few moments in her life, she was scared. What she had to tell him would change everything. In her mind there were only two options, he would become angry and want nothing to do with her, or somehow it would bring them closer together. Thana could only hope for the second option.

Shadow, there is something I need to tell you. Something I should have told you when we first ran into each other again. Thana paused again, not entirely sure how to say it. Shadow, we have a son. Those four words would decide what would become of her relationship with Shadow. It would certainly be a shock for him, but hopefully he could forgive her for not saying anything sooner.

Messages In This Thread