Theatre Therapy
Her voice was still an echo in the air when another rang out around her and swallowed her meek sound. There had been no evidence of anyone around so the voice surprised her, and she jumped and tensed there in the middle of the stage. The words echoed around her, coming from one place and then another and another, and her ears perked up and she looked around like a startled pup. What trickery was this! What ghosts had come to her?

“What is this? Who’s there?” Her back was to the seats when Terra jumped out, but when the voice was no longer a ghostly echo Orin whipped around to face the mischievous coyote.

Her heart was pounding and her wide eyes stared a Terra for a lone moment, breathing heavily, and there was no doubt that the trick had worked. She placed a hand to her chest as she calmed down. She recognized the well known Baroness, of course. “Terra, you scared the crap out of me.” She said, though she wasn’t chiding.

After a moment, she walked forward, coming up front and center. She didn’t know if her questions were just part of the joke or if she really wondered. She cocked her head for a minute, but after a beat of silence decided to respond. “Things call out to other things that are like them.” She knelt down, then sat, her legs hanging over the stage. “I feel just as empty as this stage right now. I don’t have any good stories to tell.” She stared down at her toes, and picked idly at her fur.

Messages In This Thread