I pulled off your wings and I laughed
[html]
wordcount ► 345

Gale hardly expected others to mistreat him, especially with his mistress so high in rank in the kingdom. But it was nice to know that she had a moral compass of sorts. But they would have to wait and see. They had been owned by those who had thought they were the morally correct. His mother had been a slave mistress to a man who owned her like one owned a horse. He knew his place in the world, despised it with all his heart, but knew there was no point to fight. Had he been alone, without Yvette, he would have torn out of this place and made for another pack. Perhaps there would be a time in the future where the girl was safe and he could break free. But now, he followed obediently behind Siv.

Simple duties, and simple rules. He liked that. Though it would be so much easier to have a strict master, as one with general rules could be more easily upset with transgressions. But Gale bit back his intended reply and simply followed behind the horse, careful of the rear legs, and watched the woman ride. Clever woman, he knew he was outmatched by leaps and bounds. "Yes, Domina," he answered, knowing that whatever she wanted him to do with the horse she would explain, especially after he told her he knew little about horses. The masters rode the horses, not the slaves, especially not the gladiators.

"Where may I take my supplies for such a home, Domina?" he asked genuinely, not sure where he would find something to make a home with. Had he planks and nails, it would have been a matter of trial and error, but he did not know how to fell trees and make lumber himself. As for rewards, he wanted only for Yvette, for a girl who was forced to be something she had not been born to. "Will Yvette be trained..?" Gale prayed it would not be as a bed warmer, but as a skilled girl. Might God grant him that?

Image credited to RomeCabs. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_02 {padding:5px 0px 250px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yR5kk.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#a02007; border: 1px solid #000; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:12px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; margin: 0 auto;}
.gale_02 .inner {margin:0 10px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_02 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#480201; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_02 .wc {color:#f5bd16; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_02 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#000;}
.gale_02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000; text-shadow:#cf2a00 1px 1px 2px;}
p.gale02_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread