The Lost Queen
[html]

500+

For a moment all attention was still on little Zeus, and feeling a rush of affection for the little one she leaned forward, crawling forward on her hands a bit and stretched out her muzzle toward him. If there was any sign of skepticism from X’yrin she would pull back, but she did not yet read any concern regarding her proximity to the young one. She let Zeus get a good taste of her scent, and the lack of loud sounds would probably tell the pup that she was moving carefully, not hurrying as if to attack. After a moment she gave him a lick on the forehead and then sat back.

“Hello, Zeus. I’m Ti… I’m Titania.” It sounded foreign, her own name, but nothing came to mind that felt any more natural either, and X’yrin was right, she could see no use in mourning the past, especially one you couldn’t remember.

For a moment she stared blankly at the terrain, mind gone far away as she digested the Issor’s prudent words. “If you Zeus can learn to live without his eyes, then I, with a fully working body, can surely learn to live again as well.” She muttered low, mostly speaking to the grasses, and then finally a moment later she looked to X’yrin’s honey eyes.

“You’re so wise, X’yrin,” she said the woman’s name slowly, for it was unfamiliar to her and the other only spoke it once in a moment of surprise. “But you hardly seem to be in your winter years yourself. I could learn a lot from someone like you.” She smiled softly then, a genuine and innocent expression on the mien that had been so bewildered this whole time.

She glanced towards the pack lands, gazing over the borders and into the home of the Nomads. She knew little about them, yet peering over there, knowing what was in there and at the same time hearing X’yrin’s words, and her offer, it was like some invisible creature calling to her very spirit. Her ears perked when she realized what it was X’yrin offered. “You extend your hand to me, but you are of a pack, and no way is someone like you just another wolf among a dozen faces. If I came to you when I was an alpha… and you now live here,” there had been no ‘I am X’yrin, and I am the leader’ discussion between them, but enough had transpired for Titania to put the facts together. If this one was not the leader of whatever land it was that they stood so close to now, then she certainly must be some sort of figurehead.

A hopeful gleam came to her eye, perhaps the first since that fateful day when she had first awoken as a new wolfess. “If you’re offering your guidance do you also mean to offer me a place here?” Though she had never gotten off the ground, she had righted herself much so she had been sitting whilst speaking with the Exultare woman, and the tail that had wriggled out from under her began to make a light swishing sound as it waggled ever so slightly over the grass with her pending excitement.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread