Matters of commerce
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: OOC

Keldava was started from her timid stupor at the smith’s barked question. ”A, a sword.” she stammered, trying to sort her thoughts out, ”A full length one, but sized for me. Not a really big one like you have but a… err” she wracked her brains, trying to remember the name for the type of sword she was wanting, read in one of Rin’s many books long ago. It didn’t help that Keldava could hardly read; she wasn’t even sure if she knew the name at all! “Bastard Sword, I think. Y’know, where you can use it with one hand or two hands?”

What she had to trade was an easier subject, she had spent a fair amount of time collecting everything and could list it off easy enough. ”Animal stuff and leathers. Got a few tanned hides, two deer an a cougar – cougars got some good fur on it, nice and warm an the deer’r soft. Got a fair amount of stripped leather as well and all the bones and teeth an stuff.” She patted the bundle of bones and bag of teeth attached to Snowdrop, ”An the fat an meat an stuff as well. Not counting the leatherwork about a months worth of hunting deer. Got some no-fur stuff as well. If you can figure out what use it is then yer better off than me but most of it looks pretty enough, could trade it on or use it for decoration.” Keldava had gotten some of her confidence back during the speech but as she stopped talking it fled her again, leaving her twiddling her fingers and hoping she had brought enough.

Keldava twitched unhappily when the smith mentioned her hand, ear dropping back against her head. She didn’t like discussing that topic even with close family, never mind a stranger, and even worse was that a stranger had noticed the crippled hand so quickly even though she was trying to hide it! The grin, seemingly an attempt to be friendly but misplaced considering the morbid topic, unnerved her but Keldava tried not to show it, nodding in response.

<style type="text/css">
.kelstreamip b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.kelstreamip .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kelstreamip {width:100%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#0c0c03; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yl4cV.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:400px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e8e48; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:150px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread