Magpies and messengers at my door
[html]

Too long for this reply, too long. Now I bore you with wine information.

Thorn's love of traveling and city hopping had meant that he had learned many things from many different creatures. He had developed his love for the green smoke in his home village and then moved to Moscow and learned how easy it could be to make crude grain alcohol if you had the proper equipment and were patient. His time in France had taught him that different grapes if you could grow them made different wines and some of the same techniques that made beer also made wine. It was during this time when he was younger that he forced himself to learn to read and speak english, as even though there were occasionally books and those who spoke his mother tongue they were few and far between. He could have easily became a better hunter, a better farmer, a better scout or a better father but there was something about the power of alcohol and drugs that called to the always young part of his heart and whispered sweet nothings in his black-tipped ear.

It was with this knowledge that he crouched in the overgrown and unloved vineyard hearing wolves he knew before speaking in his mind about leaf shape and vine size and whether the ground seemed to hard or too soft. Taking a tiny bit of soil he tasted it and spat it behind him. He had brought very few things with him when he came over on his little boat but one of those things were a few seeds from a part of France much like here. The same seasons and climate that perhaps could flourish here if it did so there. Thorn could never know that this place was on the same latitude as France and much like it's west coast cousin could grow similar varieties of grapes here as well as there. Holding up a leaf and tucking it in his pocket the older male stopped and sniffed the air before turning. One wolf smelled like Saul and his mind brightened on this information. Perhaps his mate? The other female was quieter and Thorn gave a wink and a smile to her. Both were heavily pregnant and this worried Thorn, he didn't need pups being born in a vineyard no matter how cool that might be.

Doffing his cap he stood and gave a little bow. "Thorn Russo at your service m'ladies. As you see this vineyard is in bad condition, I'm hoping to get grapes back on the vines and wine in the bellies of all Vinattians who wants it. Except pups, seems like there will be lots of them running around."

WC: 446

<style type="text/css">
.bbear-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#182549; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.bbear-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.bbear-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #182549; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.bbear-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.bbear-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#eadada; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j5XJM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #554f4f; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554f4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread